View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Apr 2017, o 08:22

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 British English 
Trainee

Post British English
When creating my account, I was surprised that I was forced to choose 'British English' as my language - I suppose I prefer it over French, but, as an American, my native language is simply English. Is it possible to change the language to be simply English? I will point out that the other languages on the forums do not specify; for example, it is French and not Metropolitan French.

2 Aug 2012, o 12:16
RI Team

Post Re: British English
We will probably overhaul the forum a bit in close future for better usability. I've taken a mental note of your suggestion.

2 Aug 2012, o 22:42
Site Admin

tdfriese wrote:
Is it possible to change the language to be simply English?

No, it's not possible I'm afraid. For our forum engine (phpBB) there are two 'english' language packs available: British English and United States English. There is no simply 'English'.
Also you are not correct by giving 'French' as an example, as we currently have 'French (Standard)‎' installed, while there is also 'French (Ortograf altèrnativ)'. Similarly German - we have currently 'German (Casual Honorifics)‎' installed, while there is also 'German (Formal Honorifics)‎'.
Honestly - it's only the matter of naming convention (the differences between those language packs have no meaning in our forum level of interest, they matter only on philology and similar language-experts forums) and really makes no difference in using the forum. If it hurts your honour then all we can say is apologies, but please take no offense and just forget about the naming of language pack.

19 Aug 2012, o 13:45
Profile WWW
Trainee

Hello Walter,

I have tried to sign in using my main email, but the site will not let me do it. It says my email is in use. Yet, I tried to sign up approximately a year ago but it would not let me. Now it says my email is in use. So, I had to create a completely new email account just to sign and bring this problem to your attention. Can you help me? Thanks.

Gandalf13

26 Feb 2017, o 17:01
RI Team

Can you try restoring the password for your old email? I'm a mod, not an admin, so the only thing I can directly do to you is unfortunately ban you :-)

27 Feb 2017, o 00:38
Trainee

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did try to do that but it would not work. Do you know who I need to contact so that I can get my current original email to work on the site? Thanks.

Gandalf13

27 Feb 2017, o 04:50
RI Team

Send a PM to Josh regarding that.

27 Feb 2017, o 06:07
Trainee

Thanks. I will do so.

27 Feb 2017, o 19:12
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]