View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Oct 2019, o 23:16

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Realism: Invictus 3.3 released 
RI Team

Post Realism: Invictus 3.3 released
Hey everyone, this is here because we have just released 3.3 version of our mod. You can read the details here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=411799

26 Dec 2015, o 04:10
Trainee

Post Re: Realism: Invictus 3.3 released
Fantastic news! Looking forward to playing it.

26 Dec 2015, o 20:34
Trainee

Post Thank you
Thank you :o)

You doing a great job!

29 Dec 2015, o 04:47
Trainee

That is great news. I'm mid-game at the moment on my existing version but will download the new mod soon

Well done guys!

30 Dec 2015, o 07:00
Trainee

Thanks for update!

30 Dec 2015, o 11:04
Trainee

As a long time reader of the board I just had to register now to thank you for your ongoing support of this greatest of all Civ mods. You really filled a gap that appeared after the release of Beyond the Sword and Civ5 could not live up to, at least not at its release.

I will try to give some feedback after I play a new save for a while.

-Erasmus

2 Jan 2016, o 10:09
Noble

please I beg you make a europe only large-huge map about 9000 tiles in total size

one of the reasons is that most games never last long enough for players to be affected by distant civilizations. So if you play England, what happens in asia is completely irrelevent unless ofcourse someone is blobbing there. And by the time you do get to asia, the game is laggy and alot of nations scores are so skewed and you probably won the game already

An asia-only map would be cool too.

Also consider making a eurasia-only map, with south africa cut off, since there'd be just too many useless water tiles by keeping africa

8 Jan 2016, o 08:53
RI Team

I doubt that we'll be making any new maps anymore. I personally think they are more or less a waste of time, with random maps offering much more replayability.

10 Jan 2016, o 13:07
Trainee

Thanks!
Just read the manual, some new mechanics and stuff there.
I hope I will find some time to play.

12 Jan 2016, o 06:14
Trainee

Thanks for the new version. I enjoy a number of the changes you made, especially the new civs, specialization, and art. I also have some questions/ comments after playing the game the last few days.

Why don’t the Germans get longbowmen now?

I think the diplomacy malus for razing someone’s city has become lower: was that intentional?

The cost to upgrade units seems to vary from turn to turn and can get quite expensive. Sometimes it would cost 10 gold to upgrade an archer unit to composite archer; other times, it would cost over a 100. Why would this be?

It's cool to have the Mayans, but they seem somewhat overpowered. Is there anything to offset their powerful early troops? Civs with early-game advantages often win most of the games I play. They usually defeat the civs with later-game advantages before they even have a chance to field their own special troops.

12 Jan 2016, o 10:45
RI Team

Many civs don't get longbowmen now. Archery unit line is now quite variable from civ to civ, and civs can have some of the following: composite bowman, longbowman, early crossbowman, crossbowman.

Yes, malus for razing cities is now more relaxed. It wasn't lowered per se, but now it goes away with time.

Upgrade costs depend on unit building costs, which in turn depend on how many of that unit you have. Hence the difference - as you upgrade some units, both their numbers (the one you upgrade from and the one you upgrade to) will change, changing costs.

Mayans are front-heavy rather than outright overpowered. They get their tastiest stuff right away - and yes, from game balance point of view, that probably makes them more appealing to players, like other front-heavy civs. That may be more of a question of overall game balance where early game is most important, rather than the question of nerfing a particular civ.

13 Jan 2016, o 01:25
Noble

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
I doubt that we'll be making any new maps anymore. I personally think they are more or less a waste of time, with random maps offering much more replayability.

but this is realism invictus

what realism is there in random maps?

and "replayability"? Do you know how many nations are on your standard size map? Not to mention, how many difficulty and speed settings

13 Jan 2016, o 15:15
Trainee

Yes, a lot of these changes seem to work against the 'late bloomer' civs. The front-heavy civs I've faced still seem to have longbowmen, can now raze cities with less consequences later, and still get their special units early in the game.

On the other hand, it costs more now for the late-bloomer civs to upgrade to their more advanced units, not to mention that they get their special units later in the game, when they are less useful. The front-heavy civs don't really need to worry about upgrading and often become so dominant and well-regarded in the late game that the late-bloomers are often surpassed or destroyed, and unable to catch up..

It would be great if the late-bloomer civs could get some sort of tech or production bonus throughout the game, so that they could advance more rapidly than the front-heavy civs. This would help in game balance and reflect what happened historically more closely.

13 Jan 2016, o 15:50
RI Team

artyom wrote:
Walter Hawkwood wrote:

and "replayability"? Do you know how many nations are on your standard size map? Not to mention, how many difficulty and speed settings

Are you really trying to argue with what I said? We don't really have an obligation to deliver anything to anyone. If you want a map, you can make one yourself. We make this mod for our own pleasure, and work on its aspects that are interesting to us.

14 Jan 2016, o 04:39
Noble

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
artyom wrote:
Walter Hawkwood wrote:

Are you really trying to argue with what I said? We don't really have an obligation to deliver anything to anyone. If you want a map, you can make one yourself. We make this mod for our own pleasure, and work on its aspects that are interesting to us.

Yes, i was arguing with what you said. Never did i say you have to make a map. I was simply arguing with your reason of "random maps offer more replayability", and I argued that its a dumb reason because there is plenty of replayability in pre-made maps.

Now, if your reason for not making more maps is simply that you do not have the time to do that, then say so, and I wont have anything to argue with that because time and effort is precious for everyone

But as a player, I just feel this mod would be alot better if there were more smart-made premade maps. forgive me if such an opinion/suggestion is insulting

15 Jan 2016, o 15:57
Trainee

Hello Wlater,

In the Manual, I think it says that the patch 3.19 is not the latest patch for RI to work. I have not been able to find a higher patch than 3.19. Would you clarify? Thanks.

Gandalf13

27 Feb 2017, o 11:03
Trainee

Let me clarify my request: I thought that Civ4 Complete had 3.19 on it.

27 Feb 2017, o 11:26
Trainee

I went to the Firaxis website and it stated that Civ4 Complete has the patches included.

27 Feb 2017, o 11:33
Trainee

Another player solved the problem for me. Please cancel inquiry. Thanks.

27 Feb 2017, o 12:19
Trainee

thank you for the release of Invictus 3.3. Thank your for sharing it with all.

1 Mar 2019, o 05:37
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]