View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Apr 2019, o 13:54

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Edit leader specific city names 
Trainee

Post Edit leader specific city names
Hello

I like the whole idea behind the dynamic city naming thing but God some names make me really uncomfortable. Like the city name roster for Abdel Nasser and Mandela and Aachen as the capital of Germany if Otto is the leader.

And while we are at it. Is it possible to have city names changing with eras? Like Edo becomes Tokyo after reaching Modern and Thebes becomes Luxor

8 Apr 2019, o 07:12
RI Team

Post Re: Edit leader specific city names
I don't see any actual question being asked here. I am sorry that you're uncomfortable. :-)

And yes, it is possible, like just about everything is possible with these in Python, but it definitely won't be done in RI, as it would mesh badly with leader specific names, one would obviously want to have either one or the other. And since we already have leader-specific, no reason for us to want era-specific.

9 Apr 2019, o 05:34
Trainee

Oops muy bad. My question was if I could edit the specific leader city names without messing up the game

9 Apr 2019, o 09:04
RI Team

Yeah, of course. They are all stored in DynamicCityNaming.py, and the format should be pretty intuitive. See if you can edit it (use something like Notepad++ as Python is formatting-sensitive, and don't forget to have a backup copy handy).

9 Apr 2019, o 11:03
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]