View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Oct 2020, o 09:47

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Updating old scenarios 
Noble

Post Updating old scenarios
So I've created various personal scenarios over the years set in various time frames, and more recently I've had interest in fine tuning some of them, but after the most recent release my scenarios crash the game upon attempting to load.

So I was hoping someone could give me some advice insofar as getting my scenarios in a playable state again.

18 Sep 2020, o 09:35
RI Team

Post Re: Updating old scenarios
Getting scenarios to work with a new version is always a pain - even the "official" ones, which I had to fix numerous times. Scenarios are notoriously fickle and prone to crashing when they don't like something, without giving a descriptive error message. The usual cause for crashing is a scenario trying to place a unit or building that is no longer there in the RI files. My first suspects would be the barbarian-associated flavour buildings, as I remember overhauling them significantly, but unfortunately, there may be any other number of reasons. I'd also check if the number of teams (including empty ones) matches the current required number - easiest by looking in a scenario that works for the number of teams therein.

21 Sep 2020, o 04:31
Noble

Post Re: Updating old scenarios
Thanks a ton! I've got some ideas of what might be causing some of my issues off hand.

24 Sep 2020, o 07:03
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]