View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Oct 2021, o 00:38

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Finance issues 
Trainee

Post Finance issues
Okay, so I created this account out of pure desperation. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the problem with ALL of my single-player games has been. On all of them, there will be these random periods of HUGE spikes of city maintenance costs, unit scaling costs, and general empire upkeep costs, and then insane dives down. some turns will make it so that my gold modifier is -150 a turn caused by these spikes, and other times, +50 a turn when I hadn't done ANYTHING to provoke either of them. I have tried desperately to check everything I've been doing per turn to see what is causing them, but there will be absolutely nothing happening; and sometimes my upkeep will just trickle up in negative Gold-Per-Turn when NOTHING is changing about my empire. It's made the game practically unplayable because I can't expand even when my Civ is flourishing in all means of the word, because I have no idea when these random economic crashes will happen and why, and if expand, I've had to end whole games because my entire economy collapses past the point of no return with nothing causing it. If there's ANY way anyone can give me an sort of explanation why, or a modifier, or anything I can edit to turn this issue off, I would love to know. This is my favorite and only mod I ever play on Civ, and genuinely is the reason it has kept me so in-love with this game, but I can't keep playing like this. :-/ Any help would be so appreciated.

7 Oct 2021, o 00:21
RI Team

Post Re: Finance issues
A save before one of those sudden movements would be helpful. Economy worsening over time is a vanilla feature, inflation just drives up all upkeep costs over time. But any major sudden movement should have an actual explanation, so I'd love to see a save that illustrates it.

7 Oct 2021, o 02:21
Trainee

I would genuinely love to, but seeing as how inexplicably and wildly random they are, it's almost basically impossible to tell when one is about to happen. I haven't tried reinstalling the game or anything like that yet since I was waiting to hear a response from you to see if it was a specific system update that you and the team worked on. I will mention I have edited the map files slightly for Europe and Earth, but nothing other than would be considered semantics (changing max turns, victory conditions). I could send a save file your way while one is actively occurring, but it's to anyone's guess if I could right before.

8 Oct 2021, o 01:17
RI Team

You should still have autosaves. Next time you spot one, just roll back to the latest one. If that's genuinely a bug, I'd have a chance of catching it then.

8 Oct 2021, o 02:10
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]