View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Sep 2019, o 15:30

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Help please 
Trainee

Post Help please
Is it possible to edit a saved game to up the difficulty? Or at least alter the behavior of an AI to play more aggressively?

The problem:

I spent about a week setting up a game. I wanted a powerful opponent that I would clash with during the industrial revolution/modern period of the game. So I manufactured one.

I played as France, and also as China/SouthChina/Korea/Japan/Mongols. I combined all the latter into one monstrous whole, giving them every advantage. Then just before the end of the middle ages I turned it over to the AI. It had twice the military of anyone else, was militant Muslim with the holy city and all relevant wonders (perfect for a conqueror), ect. ect.

I've played a little ways further and watched as it... failed to attack anything. It's not expanding, it's not keeping up in techs (when it should be out-teching me), and it decided to make some unwise decisions with it's civics (most notably giving up on Islam and switching to Cult of Personality! -I should mention they have the wonder that allows all religious civics.)

If it's possible, and not too much trouble, could you tell the Chinese in my save file to fix their civics and start playing aggressively? I sank a lot of time into this scenario and really want a big land war with tanks to decide the fate of the world.

Here's my save file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wf8vcz

Also I should take this opportunity to say: The new version kicks ass. You've made so many additions, I love it. Thanks so much for all your hard work:)

8 Feb 2014, o 05:10
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]