View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Oct 2020, o 10:03

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 I love the AI of the revolting slaves/serfs 
Warlord

Post I love the AI of the revolting slaves/serfs
They operate differently to barbarians, and I really appreciate the little nuances they have. Like, they'll appear in the outskirts of your lands and push towards a city to overthrow it. If too many of them die or can't get into the city, they seem to back off and go other places. I unno, these little things get me.

The whole revolutions system feels really good, actually. I felt it was easy to control in the early eras, but ever since the middleages it's started providing a fun challenge, and feeling like it simulates population-control really well! I can't imagine playing with it off now.

23 Jun 2020, o 20:31
Warlord

Post Re: I love the AI of the revolting slaves/serfs
https://imgur.com/a/GVVimSE

Speaking of, I can't believe this happened, but after some dedicated privateer-involved efforts (despite steam engines long obsoleting sailing ships) and some seriously lucky rolls (in trying to flip Poland's civics, little bugger's been using counterespionage out the ass), my first spy-attack on a city caused a revolution.

Nothing feels so good as this, because Poland and I are the best of friends and I would never want to fight him, but he's also the most technologically progressive civ out of 20 others and he's getting a little too big for his boots.

Without the revolutions module my only two options would be to go to war with him, or to barely slow him down with spies.

24 Jun 2020, o 17:51
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]