View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Oct 2020, o 04:28

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Game Events Log realtime monitor 
Trainee

Post Game Events Log realtime monitor
Hi,

i am enjoying RI 3.4 so much at christmas (again :-) and i wanted to share a little handy tool with others.

As any experienced Civ4 player knows, in later stages, there is almost impossible to keep tempo with all the cities growths and other changes every turn happens and micromanage them effectivelly.
Ingame events are unusable because they are vanishing too quickly and there is no log of them ingame.

This is where RI log dump comes to save us - you can start it in Interface Options / Log.
But it just append new events to static file, so you have to refresh it manualy in your browser, or to have some handy browser extensions to do it for you, but even that is not enough to have nicely formatted and realtime updated log to see on second display.

So i created simple node.js app to start once in browser and it will be updating event log in browser for you realtime without any refresh needed.
Its very easy to install at windows and even any other OS should work perfectly, just follow readme bellow here: https://github.com/palmic/realism-invictus-log-monitor

Merry Christmas.

18 Dec 2019, o 22:02
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]