View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Nov 2020, o 19:48

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Does Selecting a Map-Size-Override... 
Warlord

Post Does Selecting a Map-Size-Override...
...avoid the size-specific civilization scaling? Represented in linked image (also a real pretty location I screencapped).

To elaborate slightly, apparently a whole manner of settings are dependent on which map-size you decide to chose (duel, tiny, huge etc.), and using the map-size-override (with the BigPlanetGenerator script) is making me wonder if I'm even being affected by the progress scaling. Can anyone confirm or deny? :D Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/MmGR3zX

15 May 2020, o 18:59
RI Team

Post Re: Does Selecting a Map-Size-Override...
No, of course, it doesn't. Override only overrides the actual size.

16 May 2020, o 02:18
Warlord

Appreciate the response. I actually went on to do a little testing and figured it out for myself. Too little too late though, ey ;P

And hey, I'd like to take this opportunity to appreciate the work you and the rest of the team have put into this mod. It's absolutely beautiful to see your intentions actually manifesting in the gameplay, and resulting in an overwhelming sense of realism and immersion. A total pleasure, dude! If there's contributing left to do with the mod's development, I, a total layman, would be open to hearing about it.

edit: also, the replacement music for the ancient era is fucking fantastic. I was jamming for the entire 8 hours of my ancient era funtimes. I almost wanted to degenerate into an ancient-era society again.

16 May 2020, o 14:10
RI Team

IIRC Ancient era music is from 0AD - it's a great free indie game, and we're using it with their kind permission.

17 May 2020, o 10:18
Warlord

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
IIRC Ancient era music is from 0AD - it's a great free indie game, and we're using it with their kind permission.

I dug into the files and found that you'd kindly named the music pieces with the composer & 0AD, so I went and bought the album & downloaded the game. A little bit extra, I know, but so what.

Hey, one more question. I see warnings bundled with playing 'huge' maps. Is it mainly because of the size of the map, or the amount of civs present? Playing with 20~ civs on a giant map, would that cause issues further into the mid-late game? Thanks friend.

17 May 2020, o 14:35
Warlord

Also, is Permanent Alliances meant to be on or off by default? I can't find anything in the manual about it.

17 May 2020, o 17:47
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]