View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Sep 2019, o 07:55

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Blank Giant Earth Map for RI 
Trainee

Post Blank Giant Earth Map for RI
I always liked GEM map and would like to play it in Realism Invictus, but this map is included in this mod (as far as I can see) only as a scenario with huge number of civs and plenty of cities. And I'd like to play only on blank map with my own custom number of civs. I tried to convert this "huge" scenario to blank map, but I had to do something wrong because during WBsave loading I have CTD. I removed teams and civs and everything looks like it should (20 teams, each team knows only its own team etc, each player is "NONE" etc.). I also removed any "beginunit" and "begincity" fragments to have blank map without any civs, cities or units. So everything looks ok, but CTDs still happen during loading.

Can someone make such blank GEM ancient resources map or at least look at my file (I can upload it and post link here) and see what's wrong with it?

5 Mar 2014, o 14:46
RI Team

Post Re: Blank Giant Earth Map for RI
The number of teams should not be 20 - even if you want 20 players, you should still leave all the teams (I don't remember the number, but it will be the same in all RI maps) as empty teams. That's why you get the CTD.

7 Mar 2014, o 15:38
Trainee

That didn't help. I changed it to 55 teams like in original RI scenario and it still crashes.

8 Mar 2014, o 08:03
RI Team

You can also try this helpful util: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads ... le&id=9004

If all else fails, you can manually clear the map in WB.

8 Mar 2014, o 09:00
Trainee

Thanks, this program worked! It deleted all cities and units, and I only had to manually change few lines in WBsave. Now I can play RI like I find most interesting ;)

9 Mar 2014, o 10:59
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]