View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Oct 2021, o 00:29

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How to modify civilizations' names in HugeEarth Map scenario 
Trainee

Post How to modify civilizations' names in HugeEarth Map scenario
Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank all the developers for the truly amazing work, especially on the details brought to each civilization.

Unfortunately, I have a problem. I want to play on the Huge Earth Map but with different civilizations, like the USA. I learned that it is not possible. So I decided, instead of having different civilizations on the map, to manually change the names of the existing civilizations. So I found the corresponding file “Civilizations” in the folder “Text” of the mod, in order to modify the names. But I’m confronted to two issues here.

First, if the changes I’ve done (for example “French Republic” instead of “French Empire”) correctly appear to the screen in a normal mod game, it seems not to affect the scenarios “Huge Earth Map”, where the original names continue to appear (it’s still “French Empire”).

Second, I can’t find the names of all civilizations in the “Civilizations” file, for example I didn’t find Greece.

So I’m wondering where I can find the proper files with all the “Civilizations” included in the “Huge Earth Map Scenarios” in order to manually change their names.

Thank you in advance for your responses,

Bye ☺

Bloupy

15 Apr 2016, o 10:56
RI Team

Post Re: How to modify civilizations' names in HugeEarth Map scen
If it is just the World Maps you want edited, then you should edit them directly. Found in PrivateMaps folder, just edit them with anything (like Notepad). There, you can rename civs or replace them outright with a civ of your choice (appropriate civ xml tags can be looked up in civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml).

15 Apr 2016, o 16:54
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]