View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Sep 2019, o 15:27

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How do you make a scenario? 
Warlord

Post How do you make a scenario?
How do you make a scenario?

I've never tried. I know one crude way would be to take the world builder, make a map/edit everything, etc. And then that save game could feasibly be a scenario. Just for that civ though. How do you make scenarios where you can choose stuff before the game starts (civ, etc.)?

21 Mar 2008, o 13:21
RI Team

Post Re: How do you make a scenario?
There are a number of ways to make a scenario... it just depends on how good you are with comps and how much effort you want to put in. The easiest way is to start a game and then use the worldbuilder(in-game map editor) to modify whatever you'd like(terrain, cities, etc...), except for some variables that have to be done with a text editor once you have saved you worldbuilder map. Now, the best of the best in the modding world have many tutorials in the civfanaticsforum for how to build a worldmap and scenario with ease and accuracy using graphic_design tools and prettty complicated coding and software development tools. I have tried to take a look at how, but it sucks not having someone there with you to explain and answer q's. If you're good, do that. Otherwise, I suggest that you go the scenario and worldmap download page in order to use one of the many great maps that have been uploaded as a base from which to place civs, units, cities, dates, rules, technologies... pretty much anything. You will need the following: a text editor and you should probably download the mapview utility program from civforum, as this will allow you to see the map withour having to load the game. I've really never made a "scenario", but I have modded a lot of other peoples :D. You might want to get winmerge.exe because it will greatly increase the speed and ease with which you merge together text files(of similar layout of ccourse).

Good Luck

14 May 2008, o 18:28
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]