View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Sep 2019, o 15:04

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 some improvements in the warfare system 
Trainee

Post some improvements in the warfare system
Hi guys! RI is a great mod, yet I think you can make it even more realistic. I've got three suggestions:
(1) Siege is a significant element of warfare (especially in the ancient and middle ages), but it's virtually non-existent in Civilization so far. It should be similar to the blockade run by sea units: when a city is under siege, it has no access to any supplies; when the granary is empty, the units in the city start to lose strength gradually.
(2) What's the point in having a vassal, if he can do whatever he wants during a war? (moreover, he usually does stupid things and doesn't help me at all). When I'm at war, my vassal's units should go under my control until the peace treaty (or until my vassal breaks free from my dominion).
(3) When I'm at war with a country B that doesn't border on mine, it can attack my territory from a third neutral country C if they have an open borders agreement (or we can even fight on C's territory if we both have such an agreement). That is totally unrealistic: if a neutral country allows my enemy's troops to cross its territory, this is definitely an act of war against me. So this is my suggestion: when A is at war with B, all the countries that border on both of them must either cancel their open borders agreements with the belligerents or side with one of them.

13 Sep 2015, o 02:47
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]