View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Feb 2020, o 06:01

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Barbarian tech 
Noble

Post Barbarian tech
Wanted to know if the 40% malus to Barbarian research might be a little steep - I usually play on Small maps, so part of it might be them not having enough cities, but I have never seen the Horde and have never seen pirates unless I start on Renaissance. Maybe there are supposed to be updates to get Tribal Forts to work, so Barbs have more cities for longer?

6 Nov 2017, o 14:36
Noble

Post Re: Barbarian tech
Also, is there already a mechanism to obsolete some of the Barb units that spawn, so you don't get Savage Bowmen etc. too late in the game? My goal is to eventually get a Mad Max scenario where the entire map gets nuked and you're left fighting off AK-wielding barbs in addition to other weakened civs (to that effect, a mechanism where cities can get razed by nukes if they don't have a special building, say one allowed per X fallout shelters, would be neat). Sorry if I'm overloading this thread!

6 Nov 2017, o 14:42
RI Team

I'll look into barbarian research malus, definitely. I don't actually remember them having a malus. If it's there, it's there from different times, when barbarians used to have so much more in terms of quantity that their quality had to be put down.

As for "Mad Max" scenario, sorry, this is simply not within the scope of the mod. You probably have to create a modmod if you want this one for yourself. There are actually tons of units on CFC available for you if you want to do it properly!

7 Nov 2017, o 03:10
Noble

Sorry, didn't mean actual Mad Max units, just the concept of advanced civs getting knocked back to the point where they're fighting modern-era barbarians in an irradiated hellscape. Thanks for looking into this!

7 Nov 2017, o 12:04
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]