View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 7 Jul 2020, o 18:46

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Bombers vs Zeppelins 
Noble

Post Bombers vs Zeppelins
One of the things that's always annoyed me about the original releases is that the two coolest units of WWI, bombers and zeppelins, exclude each other depending on which civ you're playing. Would there be any way to separate the stats on the two so that each civ gets both units? (probably something to do with bombers being short range and anti-materiel/infantry, and zeppelins being long range and anti-city)

5 Dec 2017, o 21:54
RI Team

Post Re: Bombers vs Zeppelins
Well, we could theoretically split them, but that would be a very hollow decision, as there is not much to differentiate various types of bombers in Civ 4. The later distinction between tactical and strategic bombers is already rather empty, and from gameplay perspective they are pretty similar.

6 Dec 2017, o 00:30
Noble

Yeah, there's only so far you can go with "rule-of-cool" vs game mechanics. I might just try putting it in my own version of the game by myself (I already have it so everybody just gets zeppelins).

6 Dec 2017, o 13:33
RI Team

One thing I was contemplating is having Zeppelin as a "World unit". After all, only Germany ever really used them in war - so it might make some sense to make them unique. Alternatively, they could become a German NU, but flamethrowers are too cool to throw away (and don't even mention replacing doppelsoldners!).

6 Dec 2017, o 16:53
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]