View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Nov 2020, o 19:43

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Great Spies & City Capture 
Warlord

Post Great Spies & City Capture
For flavour & for gameplay reasons, I was thinking that Great spies would 'go into hiding' (just be removed), or have a high chance to once a city is captured. When the original owner recaptures the city, the GS would likely return to service.

My main reasoning behind the idea is that capturing a city with a great spy working it makes dealing with separatism a lot easier, as well as preventing espionage efforts aimed at re-flipping the city. And flavour-wise, it doesn't make too much sense that a Russian spy is helping protect a captured Moscow from Russian espionage efforts.

fin

11 Jun 2020, o 15:37
Warlord

Post Re: Great Spies & City Capture
Oh! Also, to preface I haven't got into the late game yet (Emperor difficulty, Renaissance), but it seems just a tad too easy to quell Riots by bringing separatism below 0%, mainly with the use of the espionage 'slider'. Sure it costs the empire for a turn, but perhaps it could be made a little bit more brutal.

An option might be to have a % chance for the riots to stop, per turn, by maintaining low separatism? Again, I haven't experienced late game where I imagine separatism will become a lot more relevant, but tis just an Idea :D

11 Jun 2020, o 16:56
Trainee

Seperatism gets really brutal later, because it increases when you're winning by score or by military strength. It becomes impossible to suppress with troops, and conquering more than one or two cities at a time gets very hard, because not only do you have to deal with the rioting, unhappy foreigners there, all your other cities will have just gained a little seperatism since your score went up.

12 Jun 2020, o 05:05
Warlord

Hey again ^^

Ah okay, that's good to hear. I still think, at least flavour-wise, foreign great spies wouldn't really work for you, but it's not really a problem :P

13 Jun 2020, o 02:40
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]