View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Oct 2019, o 21:07

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Novisad are not being renamed with Dynamic City Naming 
Noble

Post Novisad are not being renamed with Dynamic City Naming
So, the city of "Novisad" was supposed to be renamed with different names for several civs but it's nothing happening - there a error in the python file of it. Its written without space bar like this in the first part of the file: 'VARIETY_NOVISAD' and then with space bar next in :[("Novi sad", 'DEFAULT') this are causing the mistake. Taking a better look, maybe some other cities are in the same situation which prevents the system from working. That said, thanks for the great mod!!

15 Nov 2017, o 17:28
Noble

Post Re: Novisad are not being renamed with Dynamic City Naming
Sorry, I just realize this should be posted on the bug reports subforum, my bad

15 Nov 2017, o 18:04
RI Team

Are you absolutely sure you are seeing a mistake? Did you actually see it not being renamed?

What you are pointing at in the Python file is not an error. You are confusing the tag for the city (VARIETY_NOVISAD) with its default name (Novi Sad). They don't have to match at all for the system to work, these are two completely independent things. I just mostly assign the tag based on the default name of the city for my own convenience, but you can easily see for yourself that, for instance, all barbarian cities have default names very different from their tags. So if there is an error here, it is somewhere else.

Please describe the situation in more detail, or better yet provide a save as well.

21 Nov 2017, o 16:14
Noble

This is my own World Map scenario tweaked version, Novisad are between Hungary and Greece, so try pick hungarians and conquer Novisad wich should renamed to "Újvidék" or pick greeks wich should rename Novisad to "Petrikon". Both of the cases not happen, it's still being Novisad

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uz0qcgc3c ... wordWBSave

Im sorry if a can't explain in a better way, my english is very poor unfortunately

23 Nov 2017, o 14:25
RI Team

That's exactly the problem here then. "Novisad" isn't among the names of the city in question, "Novi Sad" is. By calling it "Novisad" you just made it a different city that isn't recognized by VARIETY_NOVISAD tag, as the name isn't there.

24 Nov 2017, o 00:18
Noble

I really thought you pointing that. I run this test days ago, and name of the city still being "Novi Sad" both for greeks and hungarians... See for yourself, I made this tweak on my map for upload just to you:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uz0qcgc3 ... wordWBSave

Seriously man, the only thing you need to do to fix that is match 'VARIETY_NOVISAD' with ":[("Novisad", 'DEFAULT')," instead of 'VARIETY_NOVISAD' with ":[("Novi Sad", 'DEFAULT'),". I did that myself and in this way the city are being correctly renamed, I just trying to convince you to fix for everyone else.

24 Nov 2017, o 08:18
Noble

Let me put in the clearest way I can:
'VARIETY_NOVISAD' :[("Novi Sad", 'DEFAULT'), ("Neusatz", 'CIVILIZATION_GERMANY'), ("Petrikon", 'CIVILIZATION_GREECE'), ("Újvidék", 'CIVILIZATION_HUNGARY'), ("Neoplanta", 'CIVILIZATION_ROME')],
This is what it is now.

To the system work, it should be like this:
'VARIETY_NOVISAD' :[("Novisad", 'DEFAULT'), ("Neusatz", 'CIVILIZATION_GERMANY'), ("Petrikon", 'CIVILIZATION_GREECE'), ("Újvidék", 'CIVILIZATION_HUNGARY'), ("Neoplanta", 'CIVILIZATION_ROME')],

Did you see the differences? What cannot happen is to be "NOVISAD" in one place and then "Novi Sad" next in side.

24 Nov 2017, o 13:39
RI Team

Uhhhh... You didn't change it the right way. Your file also stores used city names info (search for S'lUsedCityNames'), and there the name isn't changed. The game still thinks it's called Novisad (line 816) in your map. Also I don't really know if capitalization matters, and if Novi sad = Novi Sad. I didn't experiment. This might also be a cause of your problems.

What I definitely know is that it ISN'T because of 'VARIETY_NOVISAD' :[("Novi Sad", 'DEFAULT'). Again, by that logic, half of entries wouldn't work, starting with 'VARIETY_ABYDOS' :[("Balyana", 'DEFAULT') and ending with 'VARIETY_ZHOU' :[("Luoyang", 'DEFAULT'). I won't change it to a wrong name (Novisad isn't a city) just because you want it to be. The city is called Novi Sad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novi_Sad.

24 Nov 2017, o 14:11
Noble

I guess you're right after all, I changed what you said about the S'lUsedCityNames' in the notepad to Novi Sad instead of Novisad and now the city are being correctly renamed in my map. Thank you Walter!

25 Nov 2017, o 08:19
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]