View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Oct 2019, o 21:02

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 the wise and the wisdom of the tech quotes: a suggestion 
Warlord

Post the wise and the wisdom of the tech quotes: a suggestion
I will try to may clear may point.. it is some naunced. My english as always clogging me.
Well, i really loved the tech quotes when i started civ IV * vanillla version. It used to feel great to hear a human voice saying: "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you will feed him a for a timelife" or "words have a power or borth destroy and heal, .." . An ancient no-sophisticated words phrase that may you feel like you really get conscience of the wisdom: you (as the lider of an ancient nation and your people) riched the essence of that ancient and important knowlegde. i used to get chiken skin listen the quotes.
There are many new tech at TR but i feel something is no so good... something is out of place. I mean.., for example: when you research "makingtools" a primary tech, many times the first tech the humans (you rule) research (~3650 BC), then you have a no-short sophisticated phrase of a victorian age historian man (~1830 AC)... O.o , Worse the case of "metal lore".... :shock:
At my point of view it is cool, and better to continue the civ IV vanilla way: to quote phrases (said or wrote) near in time with the age you researched the tech and do not use a retrospective analisis disertation wrote by a moderm philosopher, historian or genius, at XIX century or XX, about a knowlegde human kind got near 3200 BC.

That´s all.

* As the matter of facts, first time i enjoy quotes was playing "Alpha-centauro".

21 Oct 2010, o 15:26
RI Team

Post Re: the wise and the wisdom of the tech quotes: a suggestion
Well, you are kinda right - the main thing with tech quotes was that I had to find more than 100 quotes, each devoted to one particular topic, in quite a short amount of time. I also can't claim that I am happy with each and every of them.

22 Oct 2010, o 00:18
Warlord

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
Well, you are kinda right - the main thing with tech quotes was that I had to find more than 100 quotes, each devoted to one particular topic, in quite a short amount of time. I also can't claim that I am happy with each and every of them.

Do you want i suggest some quotes for you?

26 Oct 2010, o 10:04
RI Team

taylor wrote:
Walter Hawkwood wrote:

The problem with them now is that most of them are voiced. If we go around changing them, we will end up with more ugly voiceless techs. A while ago we found a guy who agreed to do some recording for us, but I haven't heard from him recently. So if he gets around to it, yeah, I guess we could do well to change a few.

26 Oct 2010, o 11:03
Site Admin

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
taylor wrote:
Walter Hawkwood wrote:

The problem with them now is that most of them are voiced. If we go around changing them, we will end up with more ugly voiceless techs. A while ago we found a guy who agreed to do some recording for us, but I haven't heard from him recently. So if he gets around to it, yeah, I guess we could do well to change a few.

Translation: yes, you can suggest a new quotes but no - we don't promise to introduce your suggestion :)

27 Oct 2010, o 03:38
Profile WWW
RI Team

Basically, we won't add new quotes until we can get them voiced. You should post your suggestions here, and if we, at some moment, can record them to nice clean and accent-less audio files (and, of course, if they are good suggestions - but as I said myself, I recognize there's a lot to improve in many techs), we'll add them.

27 Oct 2010, o 04:33
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]