View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 4 Mar 2021, o 14:42

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The separatism reduction kick 
Noble

Post The separatism reduction kick
Maybe there is a bug - or I might not understand what's written in the starting the hint (that about "If no more than half of starting amount of civs.....").

My question is: Have anyone actually tried to get this Separation reduction?

I have a game, where I tried to win by domination. I'm using 35% of my gold on spy, 5% on culture and only 15% on science. The map holds more than 195 cities including barbarians. I suddenly had a Separatism Modifier on 182 (103 and 79) - unfortunately my 2 "good" AIs left me to totally alone in lead as both got a "blackout" due to revolts and uprising. The filesize was close to 4MB with 659 turns left = no chance to complete the game in any "fair" way.

First I abandoned it and started a new, reduced my "homemade" map to about 150 good spots for cities since both the number of cities and number of nations rises the filesize.

Then I decided to check "Could I - if I had choosed another way being more aggressive earlier in the game - have reached the turning-point, where "the powerful separatism reduction" would kick in"? So I open WB and made quite some changes.

The separatim modifier is now 174% (land 104% and military 70%).
There is 5 out of 14 nation left of the initial number of nations and 12 (including my own) out of 28 when we add nations starting during the game.
I have a score of 4025, nearest rival have 1973.

Shouldn't the SM-reduction have "kicked in" by now??? Or am I totally wrong?!?!

5 Sep 2020, o 01:42
Noble

Post Re: The separatism reduction kick
Since none have replied I guess no-one have got this reduction.

How-ever. I have tested a work-a-round that seems "reasonable" to both the human and the AIs.

I'll write a little more about it tomorrow.

But of course - if someone actually HAVE GOT that reduction kick in any game, I will be interested in knowning more about that, actually much more than I would like to write about my "semi-fix".

14 Jan 2021, o 13:57
RI Team

The number of TOTAL remaining civs is calculated vs the number of starting ones.

15 Jan 2021, o 03:27
Noble

So this Separation reduction would kick in only if I (or an AI) had managed to kill 6 nations more.... That would have been somewhat of "a task" to accomplish.

But it is very nice to know exactly WHAT I have to aim for in case I'll get into that situation again.

Anyway. Here are the changes I made in the revolutions.py file in my work-a-round. A few days later than promised but Rome wasn't builded in one day......

from CvPythonExtensions import *
import CvUtil
import ScreenInput
import CvScreenEnums
import BugUtil
gc = CyGlobalContext()
gDistance = []

class Revolutions:
def __init__(self):
self.iHappy = 15 ## Increased by X Per Excess Unhappy (VALUE WAS =10)
self.iHealth = 6 ## Increased by X Per Excess Unhealthy (VALUE WAS =4)
self.iNonStateReligion = 5 ## Increased by X Per Non State Religion or Absense of State Religion
self.iNationality = 0.1 ## Increased by X Per Non Nationality
self.iOccupation = 1 ## Increased by X Per Occupation Turn
self.iUnit = 3 ## Decreased by X Per Defender
self.iDistance = 1 ## Decreased by X Per Tile Distance during Uprising
self.iPopulation = 0.5 ## Increased by X Per Population point (VALUE WAS =1)
self.iEspionage = 1 ## Decreased by X Per Espionage generated by the city
self.iBaseChance = 0 ## Base separatism level
self.Civics = [ ["CIVIC_AUTOCRACY", -5],
["CIVIC_THEOCRACY", -10],
["CIVIC_DICTATORSHIP", -10],
["CIVIC_RULEOFFEAR", -5],
["CIVIC_COLLECTIVISM", -5],
["CIVIC_SOCIAL_JUSTICE", -5],
["CIVIC_WELFARE_STATE", -5]]
self.Methods = [["BRIBE"], ["REPLACE"], ["HARSH"], ["SERMON"], ["TAX"], ["MARTIAL"], ["ARRESTS"], ["PROPAGANDA"], ["AUTONOMY"]]

3 changes in total.

Now that the population only "contributes" with half of what it did earlier, it should be somewhat "easier" to rule a huge nation (hopefully no nation-wide revolution). This counts not only for me as human but certainly also for the big AIs. As long as we stay in peace that is :big-grin:.

Starting a war and not being able to end it for one-or-another reason should bring you and the AI into big trouble (depending on who started the war I think). That is why I changed the value for unhappy citizens from 10 to 15 - making it more likely that "a city", that might be close to rebel actual will do it.

Neither should it be to easy to forget about your citizens health. Though I "only" changed the value for unhealthy citizens from 4 to 6 in this case, any hostile action from an enemy/barbarian will hurt you more than you are used to. And vice-versa of course.

17 Jan 2021, o 10:10
Trainee

This is my first time since playing with separatism that I had reduction activated (at some point, I didn't really noticed when it happened)

Attachments:
Screenshot 2021-01-19 102427.png
Screenshot 2021-01-19 102427.png [ 66.41 KiB | Viewed 577 times ]
19 Jan 2021, o 04:29
Noble

:Thumbs up: Thanks for your confirmation (that it actually works when you are "working" for it).

And for the mod-team: Good work. Now I "only" have to persuade myself to go for it in due time.

19 Jan 2021, o 11:10
RI Team

I've actually loosened the conditions somewhat for the next version. It should be easier to trigger. One additional note is that it kicks in only past Medieval era and once one civ has at least a 50% lead.

19 Jan 2021, o 15:47
Trainee

@RI team, there will be a new version? Like 3.6 or just a new hotfix?

Any medium-term plans to start settling down in civ 6? I started to play it 1 month ago and well... that game definitely needs you! At least when the devs allow to rewrite the source code?

18 Feb 2021, o 11:44
RI Team

Maybe.

18 Feb 2021, o 18:11
Noble

A true politician answer......

20 Feb 2021, o 04:37
RI Team

The truest one I can give. I simply don't know.

20 Feb 2021, o 04:51
Noble

If you decide - with or without a helping team - to work more on this mod, I would be very-very happy.

It's an outstanding good job you and the team have done already - but......

A few more playable nations....
Better looking canals (and canals for other nations than just China) - could be a mix between roads and paved roads just in blue/lightblue,
Small dams/lakes that provides fresh water (I use oasis right now on my handmade maps, but oasis near the tundra.... hmmmmm). Using ordinary single, duo or triple water-tiles to show small lakes doesn't work as the AI would try to fill such tiles with ships.

"One" can always find a small corner, that could use a little attention.

As for turning the attention towards CIV VI. Well, I havn't played it (yet), so I have no real opinion.

But I have seen, that Firaxis still supports it with scenario packs (50 to 125 turns as far as I have read.... oh come on, that's a lousy low number of turns) , expansions and/or DLCs.

20 Feb 2021, o 07:33
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]