View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Oct 2019, o 20:16

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Land ressources is "ghosty", cant reconnect them [3.2] 
Trainee

Post Land ressources is "ghosty", cant reconnect them [3.2]
Hi,

in the included savegame you'll find 2 connected ressources (stone, timber) next to the ethopian city of Gondar. Both dont get connected as luxury ressource to the empire, although the increase in the terrain field seems correct.

To check this i chose a building that gets production bonus with stone in the same city. The tooltip window in the building menu highlights the resource as green as if it's there, but it doesnt get calculated. So it's not a graphical glitch.

I tried reconnecting them (destroy lumbermill/quarry and rebuild) with no success.
Bronce resource in another city gets connect later on normally. 2 connected water resources arent affected.

The resources have been connected and in use before (at least stone, as i built 2 wonders with it), and i dont know if it's a savegame error or something that happened some turns before i realized the missing resources.

2 things i did out of the usual i remember that may caused the bug:

--> before saving the game the day before i played around with the world map painting tool (?) to remember what i wanted to do
--> after seeing a note that Washington trades iron i checked it out by talking to him. He wanted stone and ??? for it. Instead of refusing his offer, i just dismissed the talking (clicking the last option that just quits the diplomatic window).

Unluckily i have no savegame just prior to the bug (i have initial one and another one after first scouting ).
Game version is 3.2 (as of 2013/12/24 aka the christmas version ^^)
I play on linux using wine (1.4.1) with playonlinux.

savegame: https://mega.co.nz/#!npIRjIxB!Q9_JBiWKz ... zeJqwUrYQ4
(no uploading here?)

28 Jan 2014, o 09:24
Trainee

Post Re: Land ressources is "ghosty", cant reconnect them [3.2]
awww forget it. not a bug at all.

i didnt understand how (when) the resource bonus gets calculated (and still dont get it fully to be honest), and the overflow of the last building was added in. After counting every single production from the map it makes more sense.

also i got confused cause the overlay only says "you have x of this resource" if it is connected to the capital.

3 Feb 2014, o 14:56
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]