View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Sep 2019, o 15:25

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 BtS Known Bugs and Missing Components 
RI Team

Post BtS Known Bugs and Missing Components
This list will be updated as bugs are reported and missing components are identified.

Missing Components and Remaining Work:
  • Long-standing request of permanently disabling Sid's Tips for the mod
  • Disable the option to choose the religion you found, as it makes no sense in our mod
Known Bugs:
  • (This needs to be updated)

22 Jul 2010, o 04:34
RI Team

Post Re: BtS Known Bugs and Missing Components
Added some stuff that isn't strictly mod components, but is intended to be finished by us prior to the first release. Also, I am not sure of the status of certain components.

22 Jul 2010, o 05:13
Noble

so running BTS 3.19 and loaded SVN intalled without a hitch. took forever but ok... i think it started once but a family member wanted my comp to be quiet so they quit. just wondering its taking like 20 mins to load up... it that typical?.... ok it started .... nice still took 23 mins to load.

22 Jul 2010, o 08:43
Profile YIM
RI Team

nicrolyte wrote:
so running BTS 3.19 and loaded SVN intalled without a hitch. took forever but ok... i think it started once but a family member wanted my comp to be quiet so they quit. just wondering its taking like 20 mins to load up... it that typical?.... ok it started .... nice still took 23 mins to load.

It is typical for SVN version, since the assets are unpacked. It takes forever to load, which won't be the issue in the released version - but we can't keep assets packed while the development is going on, so long loading times are unavoidable during the beta.

22 Jul 2010, o 08:47
RI Team

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
nicrolyte wrote:

It is typical for SVN version, since the assets are unpacked. It takes forever to load, which won't be the issue in the released version - but we can't keep assets packed while the development is going on, so long loading times are unavoidable during the beta.

If you're willing to put in some extra effort I've just posted a walkthrough that describes how to pack your Art assets.

-Josh

22 Jul 2010, o 16:08
Noble

naw the wait is worth it. however i dont see that you mentioned the missing stuff that was added in 2.3 like great general emergence status bar... ok wait thats there in the military adviser but the Great person status bar that was on the main screen under tech status bar isn't there. ummm the unit sorting that ive come to depend upon its vital for large stacks thats comming back in the releace no?

24 Jul 2010, o 04:17
Profile YIM
Noble

oh and josh im serious about the PM i sent you tell me when and where ill pick up the tab. just keep it under a benjamien and ive got its sitting on top of the TV waiting for you to accept

24 Jul 2010, o 04:21
Profile YIM
RI Team

nicrolyte wrote:
naw the wait is worth it. however i dont see that you mentioned the missing stuff that was added in 2.3 like great general emergence status bar... ok wait thats there in the military adviser but the Great person status bar that was on the main screen under tech status bar isn't there. ummm the unit sorting that ive come to depend upon its vital for large stacks thats comming back in the releace no?

That is part of the BUG mod that hasn't been merged in yet, as indicated above. Generally, all useful interface tweaks that are still missing are included there.

24 Jul 2010, o 05:19
RI Team

Added a couple of bugs I found.

27 Jul 2010, o 02:17
Prince

Playing a game with revision 3080, two things to mention:

I can give any kind of promotion to any unit. I mean, bonus for battleships to newly skirmishers.

AI doesn´t seem to respect the 10 turns peace treaty after sign it via negotiator random quest. They attack on next turn.

Bye

8 Aug 2010, o 17:31
Trainee

Good evening. I have a couple of observations while playing SVN version 3080. I am playing the Greeks at Prince level and realistic speed.

My next door neighbor is Mali, and I am currently at war with them. Mali sent an army to one of my cities, proceeded to knock the defenses to zero...and pulled back. This army has done this repeatedly, even after I launched a counter attack and took Timbuktu.

I built a city on a cell between two fresh water lakes, each 4-5 cells in size. I am curious why I can't build any waterborne features at this city (logically I should have at least been able to build fishing docks). Is it an 'all or nothing' deal?

16 Aug 2010, o 19:56
RI Team

ThorbibVego wrote:
Good evening. I have a couple of observations while playing SVN version 3080. I am playing the Greeks at Prince level and realistic speed.

My next door neighbor is Mali, and I am currently at war with them. Mali sent an army to one of my cities, proceeded to knock the defenses to zero...and pulled back. This army has done this repeatedly, even after I launched a counter attack and took Timbuktu.

I built a city on a cell between two fresh water lakes, each 4-5 cells in size. I am curious why I can't build any waterborne features at this city (logically I should have at least been able to build fishing docks). Is it an 'all or nothing' deal?

As for lakes, yes, this is "all or nothing". Freshwater lakes don't allow any coastal structures - but they yield more than unworked sea and provide fresh water. There is a set number of tiles for each map size after which lakes turn into inland seas.

As for AI behaviour, yes, this bug is unfortunately very evident currently. I think everyone playing this revision has to run into it. Thanks for reporting!

P.S. Ignacio - are you sure you have the latest revision? This should totally not be happening. I guess you don't run into this anymore now.

17 Aug 2010, o 01:41
Prince

Walter Hawkwood wrote:

P.S. Ignacio - are you sure you have the latest revision? This should totally not be happening. I guess you don't run into this anymore now.

Mmmm... Not quite sure, I ´ve made the .FPK file with josh instructions kind a week ago. I remember that the revision number was 3080, but my fpk file was 3078. Mostly sure, you´ve done a new revision between these days.

17 Aug 2010, o 07:22
Trainee

Something feels broken with the Mayors office and Federalism, it says in the Civiliopedia that it gets + 2 :D

When using Federalism and Mayors office it still only gets +1 :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention version 3087.

26 Aug 2010, o 08:28
RI Team

zimbaa wrote:
Something feels broken with the Mayors office and Federalism, it says in the Civiliopedia that it gets + 2 :D

That's quite right, as regular Mayor's Office gives -1 :D. Therefore, this building not only loses its -1 malus, but gets a +1 bonus from this civic.

26 Aug 2010, o 09:49
Trainee

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
zimbaa wrote:

That's quite right, as regular Mayor's Office gives -1 :D. Therefore, this building not only loses its -1 malus, but gets a +1 bonus from this civic.

My bad :)

First time playing TR. Great mod by the way.

26 Aug 2010, o 15:35
Trainee

Don't know of this is intended or not. But Railroad gives +1 Hammer with the lumbermill improvment, but newer roads (Electric railroad) doesn't give +1 Hammer. This also applies to Mines + Railroad

31 Aug 2010, o 08:20
RI Team

zimbaa wrote:
Don't know of this is intended or not. But Railroad gives +1 Hammer with the lumbermill improvment, but newer roads (Electric railroad) doesn't give +1 Hammer. This also applies to Mines + Railroad

Nope, not intended. Forgot to change. Thanks for pointing out!

31 Aug 2010, o 10:59
Trainee

Walter Hawkwood wrote:

Thats what betas is for :)

31 Aug 2010, o 14:51
RI Team

zimbaa wrote:
Walter Hawkwood wrote:

Thats what betas is for :)

Changed that! Thank you once again. I am actually considering making Towns etc. provide additional bonus when connected to a highway (but not rail), but I fear that AI uses simple linear way of upgrading routes and won't understand that.

4 Sep 2010, o 05:47
Trainee

I updated to SVN version 3101 this morning. I started a new game as the Greeks (Themistocles specifically) as noticed they have the Russian background music now. Later on in the game, I noticed the Arabs had the Indian music, and another faction (Persians I think) had the Roman music. The Germans and Koreans had the normal background music.

5 Sep 2010, o 21:20
RI Team

ThorbibVego wrote:
I updated to SVN version 3101 this morning. I started a new game as the Greeks (Themistocles specifically) as noticed they have the Russian background music now. Later on in the game, I noticed the Arabs had the Indian music, and another faction (Persians I think) had the Roman music. The Germans and Koreans had the normal background music.

Well, you're not the first one to report it, but, really, what makes the music so civ-specific? We only have a set amount of tunes, and much more leaders than that. I seriously admire people who remember any particular music piece as belonging to other civ, but is that really this much of an issue?

5 Sep 2010, o 22:41
Trainee

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
ThorbibVego wrote:

Well, you're not the first one to report it, but, really, what makes the music so civ-specific? We only have a set amount of tunes, and much more leaders than that. I seriously admire people who remember any particular music piece as belonging to other civ, but is that really this much of an issue?

Maybe not, but I felt it was worth reporting. After all, if the music entries are off, then maybe something else related to those entries could be as well.

6 Sep 2010, o 00:09
RI Team

Nope, I can tell you as the person who worked on leaders. The music entries simply reflect the fact that I copied some existing leaders to use as a "template" for the new ones.

6 Sep 2010, o 01:51
Trainee

I started another new game, playing Romans with SVN build 3107. After I switched to the Slavery civic, every time a slave revolt was supposed to occur, I would get the following error message:

Error in cityDoTurn event handler 0x04C10BF0

Sometimes, I would get the following error message out of the blue:

Error in combatResult event handler 0x04C10BF0

These error messages haven't stopped me from playing the game. In fact, I made it into the Middle Ages period.

I turned on error logging before writing this post. NExt time I play the mod, I will post the Python error logs.

11 Sep 2010, o 01:33
RI Team

These are from the still missing slavery rebellion component - when slaves are supposed to rise in revolt and when you are supposed to capture a slave in combat. You are right, they won't affect your game, they just don't work yet.

11 Sep 2010, o 01:42
RI Team

Slavery component updated in revision 3113

14 Sep 2010, o 17:30
Trainee

Wonder if this fits in the missing component or bugs section but the art files refuse to read via the FPK file I made despite following every instruction. Do I also put the greenatlas.dds in there? Or just the folder files?

21 Sep 2010, o 14:04
Trainee

Love the new food mechanics, although you made me have to completely rework my openings (grr!)

Land worked can be pillaged by your own troops and allow you to make a new slash and fire (the phrase in English is "slash and burn" by the way). Exploit or WAD?

4 Feb 2012, o 17:17
RI Team

Undecided yet if exploit or WAD. :)

Term fixed.

8 Feb 2012, o 05:07
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next