View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 31 Oct 2020, o 17:36

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Resource variation 
Trainee

Post Resource variation
I find that the variation is quite imbalanced with each map, particularly on standard or large. Each generated map usually has a lot of resources like corn and cows, but other resources are scarce or simply impossible to find. Wheat and potatoes, for example, never appears on the standard or large maps, and are very scarce on the huge maps. Sugar and tobacco are very difficult to come across. Grapes and Ivory sometimes are also very scarce.

9 Apr 2020, o 05:04
RI Team

Post Re: Resource variation
What map generator are you using? What settings?

9 Apr 2020, o 05:32
Trainee

I found a solution: the problem is fixed when setting the resources to balanced rather than standard. Although, unlike other settings, this has to be done each time in the custom game option (it resets each new game back to standard).

I usually play fractal, large or standard map and high seas.

10 Apr 2020, o 17:51
RI Team

Went and generated a standard fractal map with high seas, as you specified; I feel there is a reasonable amount of both wheat and potatoes: https://imgur.com/NDcUPHC

Are you perhaps using a version earlier than 3.5? There is no reason to do this, and 3.5 comes with tweaks that ensure all resources are present if at all possible.

11 Apr 2020, o 04:58
Trainee

Strange, until I switched to Balanced resources, I never saw any potatoes or wheat on my maps. I will check my version, but I'm pretty sure that I am using the latest one, as I have only recently started to play this mod. Awesome mod, by the way, way better than anything civ 6 could offer. The AI is impressively smart.

18 Apr 2020, o 02:54
RI Team

You see, it WAS a problem before, and for 3.5 I tried making extra sure that stuff like this doesn't happen. Right now there's a script in place that checks the map after it's generated and places all lacking resources. I suppose really small maps could physically just lack space to place everything needed, but I tested it a lot for standard size.

18 Apr 2020, o 04:56
Warlord

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
You see, it WAS a problem before, and for 3.5 I tried making extra sure that stuff like this doesn't happen. Right now there's a script in place that checks the map after it's generated and places all lacking resources. I suppose really small maps could physically just lack space to place everything needed, but I tested it a lot for standard size.

Legend

14 May 2020, o 21:02
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]