View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2 Dec 2020, o 04:58

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Habormasters Quest 
Noble

Post Habormasters Quest
Hello to all.

I'm really glad to find, that we have an official site for this out-standing mod to one of my favourite games (read this in one of the start-tips during a reload of a custom game). If I hadn't noticed, I wouldn't have know this site existed.

A little info on how I like to play this game:
Difficulty: Prince
Map: Custom
Map-engine: RI_Planet_Generator.
Size: As big as my 'puter can handle it (180*112), guess that is the limit for me, else the game will be TOO slow after the first 1000-1500 turns)
Civs: As many civs as possible - all with "reasonable" leaders. I have 18 civs in my running game of which 2 are dead by now.
Duration: As many turns as possible, so I did start ancient and used Legendary (3045 turns).
Other settings: No babarians, no technology trading or brokering, no Per-City research costs, Holy city migration, Protect Valuable units, AI plays to win.
Victory conditions: All but Space race.

Of course I have wishes and comments to the mod, but the only real problem I have found is the quest Harbormaster. It doesn't work. I meet the demands but it will not finish - nor does any AI finish it.

I wonder if it has something to do with the different types of Caravels. I'm playing Scandinav and the Caravel is spelled Karavell. Else I don't have a clue.

More to come later - but again: Thanks for a wonderful mod!!!! And thanks for keeping it open for suggestions with more.

/McMax

24 Oct 2018, o 00:01
RI Team

Post Re: Habormasters Quest
Are you currently playing 3.4? I'm trying to fix this quest on a regular basis, but I feel that it's fixed for good in current post-3.4 SVN.

24 Oct 2018, o 01:49
Noble

Yes. I'm playing latest mod (from jan 2018 I think).

24 Oct 2018, o 02:03
RI Team

Yeah, I have (probably) fixed it after that.

25 Oct 2018, o 04:49
Noble

Quest finished :big-smile:

The shiptype needed (at least for my civ, the Scandinavian) is: SLOOP.

21 Jul 2020, o 01:52
Warlord

McMax wrote:
Quest finished :big-smile:

The shiptype needed (at least for my civ, the Scandinavian) is: SLOOP.

You finished it? I tried it as japan. I accidentally teched past caravels to sloops (Asian is called High Sea Junk I think? Or Red Seal Ship) and the quest wouldn't complete. So I tried adding in HSJ's through world builder, but that wouldn't work. I tried adding in regular 'Caravels' but it also didn't work. Then I went thru world builder again and went back a tech, and built a bunch of caravels naturally, but it also didn't work. This was a while back though. Playing without any of the latest hotfixes.

21 Jul 2020, o 13:02
Noble

I actually didn't try to finish the quest as I was sure it was buggy. So I made 5 karavells (spelled that way) just to get a "picture" of the world (I have map-trading disabled).

After that job was done, I upgraded my karavells to sloops and builded more to protect my sea-goodies.

When I got the 10th. sloop, I was very surprised to get this message:

Congratulations! You have met the goals from your merchant marine and built for them enough ships and docks to empower their plans. Please choose a reward from among the benefits your new trading empire is able to provide to you.

Use our advantage to boost the seamenship of our current and future Naval units (All Sailing Ship Units are promoted to Combat I)

Our trade empire should be leveraged into producing lot of wealth (Harbor +1 gold)

Our ship captains gains extra experience enabling them to better navigate (All Sailing Ship Units are promoted to Navigation I)

22 Jul 2020, o 05:09
Warlord

ooh interesting. Now that I think about it, I approached the quest assuming it just meant anything of the 'ocean explorer' class.

So I'd built 7 HSJ's, and then finished with RSS's. And then when trying to troubleshoot, I only opted for the HSJ's (with world builder). I wonder if I kept building more RSS's I would've completed the quest. In any case, I'll see what happens later on in my new game :D

22 Jul 2020, o 11:46
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]