View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Nov 2020, o 01:50

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Obsolete Appears To Be Broken? 
Warlord

Post Obsolete Appears To Be Broken?
Allo once again. To keep it short, I'd just tech'd past Urban Planning or whichever it is that obsoletes Monuments, and it seemed to me that my monument was still operating. Is it just a UI limitation, or is my monument not exactly obsolete? Or will these kinds of buildings continue to give culture?

https://imgur.com/a/LKb00F6?

21 May 2020, o 13:06
Warlord

Post Re: Obsolete Appears To Be Broken?
Is it that monuments continue to give culture & +% culture, or is the indicator only visual and isn't infact adding the culture, or is it actually effectively meant to be 'discontinued' not 'obsolete'?

I want to know just so that I can go in and delete them in World Builder incase I have to honestman it!

24 May 2020, o 01:13
Warlord

Does anyone know?

When the Hunter's Cabin becomes disabled the food-indicator disappears. When the carpenter becomes obsolete you don't gain the extra production ontop of the replacement. I feel like this is a pretty valid question.

6 Jun 2020, o 10:35
RI Team

Seems like culture is a bit of a special case when it comes to obsolescence. Never noticed that myself, personally. As such, while it isn't working as intended, you can still just ignore it, as it applies to all players equally anyway. I'll see what I can do with the obsolete cultural buildings.

8 Jun 2020, o 07:31
Trainee

The culture bonus for monuments lives in the <ObsoleteSafeCommerceChanges> tag. Probably just something that stuck around from the obelisk in the base game. A lot of buildings seem to use this tag to have their culture bonuses preserved after being obsoleted.

8 Jun 2020, o 08:59
Warlord

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
Seems like culture is a bit of a special case when it comes to obsolescence. Never noticed that myself, personally. As such, while it isn't working as intended, you can still just ignore it, as it applies to all players equally anyway. I'll see what I can do with the obsolete cultural buildings.

Cool! Yeah it's not too hard to fit it to the fluff anyway. More just wanted to be sure I understood what obsolete truly meant. Cheers

8 Jun 2020, o 11:07
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]