View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 4 Dec 2020, o 20:44

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Settler unit for Mesopotamian (Babylonian) Empire in RI 3.5 
Trainee

Post Settler unit for Mesopotamian (Babylonian) Empire in RI 3.5
Is there any reason, why Babylon in RI 3.5 can't build settlers? I know that this unit was not possible to be built for Babylon in earlier versions as a city state. But as far as I know the concept of city states was abolished in 3.5. In fact Khmer, Israel, Babylon, Nubia and Portugal, previously unplayable but now playbale, can all build settlers now (I think). Is it in purpose that for Babylon this is not possible? Is there any way I can change this (if I feel it is like a bug for me) and which file do I have to change for this?

20 May 2020, o 15:24
Trainee

Post Re: Settler unit for Mesopotamian (Babylonian) Empire in RI
OK I just found the required settings in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml file. Wish I could delete my post, my question just looks so stupid now (:
But still interesting to hear if you set the settler building option like this for Babylon in RI 3.5 compared to Israel etc. by any purpose.

20 May 2020, o 16:57
Warlord

Post Re: Settler unit for Mesopotamian (Babylonian) Empire in RI
Fantasieprodukt wrote:
OK I just found the required settings in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml file. Wish I could delete my post, my question just looks so stupid now (:
But still interesting to hear if you set the settler building option like this for Babylon in RI 3.5 compared to Israel etc. by any purpose.

It doesn't look stupid, friend :D. And actually I was wondering about a similar thing. I read that in 3.5 the no-settler thing was taken out, but in the loading screen I saw a hint still stating that city states wouldn't be able to.

22 May 2020, o 14:00
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]