View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Oct 2020, o 09:33

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 The separatism reduction kick 
Noble

Post The separatism reduction kick
Maybe there is a bug - or I might not understand what's written in the starting the hint (that about "If no more than half of starting amount of civs.....").

My question is: Have anyone actually tried to get this Separation reduction?

I have a game, where I tried to win by domination. I'm using 35% of my gold on spy, 5% on culture and only 15% on science. The map holds more than 195 cities including barbarians. I suddenly had a Separatism Modifier on 182 (103 and 79) - unfortunately my 2 "good" AIs left me to totally alone in lead as both got a "blackout" due to revolts and uprising. The filesize was close to 4MB with 659 turns left = no chance to complete the game in any "fair" way.

First I abandoned it and started a new, reduced my "homemade" map to about 150 good spots for cities since both the number of cities and number of nations rises the filesize.

Then I decided to check "Could I - if I had choosed another way being more aggressive earlier in the game - have reached the turning-point, where "the powerful separatism reduction" would kick in"? So I open WB and made quite some changes.

The separatim modifier is now 174% (land 104% and military 70%).
There is 5 out of 14 nation left of the initial number of nations and 12 (including my own) out of 28 when we add nations starting during the game.
I have a score of 4025, nearest rival have 1973.

Shouldn't the SM-reduction have "kicked in" by now??? Or am I totally wrong?!?!

5 Sep 2020, o 01:42
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]