View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Apr 2021, o 13:51

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 AI keeps razing cities 
Trainee

Post AI keeps razing cities
Noticed an issue where the AI will always raze a city no matter what. Even if it used to be their city with multiple wonders, they will raze it to the ground. The only time I notice AI not razing a city is when it is the last city of a hostile civ. I find this really gimps the AI in their expansion

Is this as intended or is there a way to modify this to happen less frequently? I play on Emperor and AI plays to Win if that makes a difference.

11 Jan 2021, o 22:07
RI Team

Post Re: AI keeps razing cities
Do all AIs do that all the time? Because on "AI plays to win" this might actually be a viable thing to do given certain victory strategies - for instance, razing a wonders-heavy city to deny someone a potential cultural victory.

12 Jan 2021, o 05:51
Trainee

Walter Hawkwood wrote:
Do all AIs do that all the time? Because on "AI plays to win" this might actually be a viable thing to do given certain victory strategies - for instance, razing a wonders-heavy city to deny someone a potential cultural victory.

I observed that they do this all the time. For example, the AI sends an army to a different continent just to attack a barb city. I thought they were trying to setup a colony but instead they just raze the barb city and then proceed to get stranded. Another example is when a new civ is born out of another civ and when the original civ retook his original cities in a war, he razed ALL of his former cities even the ones that had multiple wonders and great people.

The only time like I said that they capture a city is when that city is the last city of an enemy. Maybe the AI feels that since the original culture has no owner then it's safe to capture a city.

I don't think it's because of cultural victory because I was playing in the renaissance period with no one close to winning a cultural victory. Maybe turning off AI plays to win will stop this behavior?

12 Jan 2021, o 18:26
RI Team

Try playing with "AI plays to win" off, see if it makes a difference.

13 Jan 2021, o 04:33
Noble

I have played quite a number of games now with this mod.

I have surely seen the AI B&D cities too. But I have also noticed, that "some" leaders do it somewhat more often than others. Don't think it's a bug, but it depend on the total setup for that specific leader.

I don't know for sure - but at least I think so.

Edit: B&D: Burn&Destroy or Raze.

14 Jan 2021, o 13:43
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]