View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Nov 2020, o 19:35

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 BtS beta playthrough 
Trainee

Post BtS beta playthrough
Hi, I found the Warlords mod a while back and thought it was great. I've been eagerly waiting for the BTS one and thought I might get off my bum and help test.

I'm not sure how to check what revision I have - can you tell me how? I downloaded it a couple days ago.

I'll use this thread to post possible bugs as I come across them, and I'll try not to repeat known bugs but forgive me if I do.

First question is - where is the pandemic counter now? I recall it being in the upper left in Warlords, but I can't see it in BtS. Should it be there?

Also, I have yet to test because barbarians be pillaging, but I have some prime timber with a camp one square away from my city. I had connected a cart path to it (and on it), but it didn't show up in the resource box, but cows in the same situation do.

Keep up the good work, this mod is really good and adds an approachable level of depth to Civ4 that makes it a whole different game.

13 Sep 2010, o 10:11
RI Team

Post Re: BtS beta playthrough
Timber becomes available as a resource (and thus connectable by roads) later than it is revealed. I think it's in pedia.

Pandemic counter is in the city screen almost where it was, in the upper left. Just look a bit harder. Missed it myself when I first loaded.

Your revision number will be displayed every time you do an SVN update.

13 Sep 2010, o 12:43
Warlord

Narxysus wrote:
Hi, I found the Warlords mod a while back and thought it was great. I've been eagerly waiting for the BTS one and thought I might get off my bum and help test.

I'm not sure how to check what revision I have - can you tell me how? I downloaded it a couple days ago.

I'll use this thread to post possible bugs as I come across them, and I'll try not to repeat known bugs but forgive me if I do.

First question is - where is the pandemic counter now? I recall it being in the upper left in Warlords, but I can't see it in BtS. Should it be there?

Also, I have yet to test because barbarians be pillaging, but I have some prime timber with a camp one square away from my city. I had connected a cart path to it (and on it), but it didn't show up in the resource box, but cows in the same situation do.

Keep up the good work, this mod is really good and adds an approachable level of depth to Civ4 that makes it a whole different game.

In order to see prime timber at resource box you need to research "sailing" too.

13 Sep 2010, o 14:54
Trainee

Thanks. I still don't see the pandemic counter! Might be blind. Also, I checked the Civpedia for the entry on Prime timber, and it says as taylor mentions that you have to research Sailing to enable it. I'm getting the hammer bonus from putting a camp on it without having researched Sailing. Is that intended?

Here's a screenshot of the city screen in question for informational purposes:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nI ... directlink

14 Sep 2010, o 05:00
RI Team

Yes, it is intended. You can camp it, but you can't connect the resource itself and get the bonus from it (via sawmill, for instance).

Strangely, you really don't have the pandemic counter. When I get home, I will check it - we might have broken it along the way or you might be suffering from some bug specific to you.

14 Sep 2010, o 06:42
RI Team

OK, it was broken, but now pandemic percentage should be back in the latest revision.

14 Sep 2010, o 22:46
Trainee

Well, glad to have been of service. I'll keep this revision for now as recommended in the beta post, but I might start a smaller game next time so I can update revisions more often.

15 Sep 2010, o 04:55
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]