View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Sep 2019, o 07:46

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Europe map 3.4 Prussia start strategy emperor and above 
Noble

Post Europe map 3.4 Prussia start strategy emperor and above
my settings were emperor/realistic speed and all other setting default(i didnt change anything but the difficulty)

this strategy works with many nations.
Prussia is interesting because at first glance it is one of the worst nations on this map (terrible starting city, no economical leader traits and progressive is pretty bad, not much land to expand to, in the middle of several nations whom you are their closest neighbour so they probably prefer attacking you)

start game by moving settler 5 south and 3 east, make city. you lose 3-4 turns but you get the best starting city in the game (2 furs, pigs, horses, stone, marble, copper, and no swamp and some forests for health)

after this you will want to basically rush bronze working.
build order: worker, scout and warrior (go to middle east with scout to meet civs for future tech boost, warrior is for later defense against barbarians) , then warehouse, smokehouse, carpenter, well and finally barracks

note that storyteller circle is not needed yet: your economy is already great due to 2 furs and 1 horse and rivers. build styrytellers after you start rolling on conquestd

with worker you first improve fur camps, then pastures. after 2 furs and horse pasture switch to pastorial nomadism. this civic is almost always worth it if you have livestock

as soon as you have barracks, infinitely build shortswordsman. as soon as you have 5, blitzkrieg poland then germany then hungary. i think i lost about 4 swordsman and took 9 cities by turn 148. you can take other nations too if you feel like it

this strategy works because AI prefers early wonders/expansion in the first 200 turns. each enemy city would have max 1 archer(in capitol) and some militia. your shortswardsman get about 77% or more chance against anything but the archer

this would probably work on highest difficulty too.

the early conquest strategy seems to work best for most nations to get rid of inevitable competition against the eventually aggressive nations. however, dont do the old 4-5 warrior push at game start: its better to develop your city a little and then start pushing.

20 Apr 2018, o 05:26
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]