View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Oct 2019, o 19:19

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Beyond the Sword Subversion Repository 
RI Team

Post Beyond the Sword Subversion Repository
Instructions

These instructions assume that Tortoise SVN has already been installed. You may use any SVN client you wish.
This mod requires Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword with patch 3.19 to be installed.

1. Create a Realism folder at this location:
    ROOT CIV FOLDER\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Realism
    (substitute "ROOT CIV FOLDER" appropriately)
    (IMPORTANT: the name of the target folder should be "Realism", as otherwise stuff might not work correctly)
  2. Right click on the newly created Realism folder and select "SVN Checkout". A checkout window will pop up. The appropriate settings are listed at the bottom of this post.
  3. Select OK. The Realism for BTS mod will be downloaded from the server.
  4. Start the Realism mod from BTS like you would any other mod.
You may also pack your art assets if you'd like to improve your startup times. This can be a tricky process but if you'd like to try it you can follow the instructions.

SVN Checkout Settings

URL of repository
Code:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/civ4mods/code/realism/bts/trunk/mod

Checkout directory
(The folder you just created is automatically selected)

Omit externals
No (not checked)

Checkout Depth
Fully recursive

Revision
HEAD revision

15 Apr 2010, o 19:37
RI Team

Post Status of the Beyond the Sword branch
The BTS branch is now ready for beta testing. Most of the custom game mechanics present in the Realism mod have been merged in. Please see the known bugs and missing components thread to stay aware of what is still missing or broken.

15 Apr 2010, o 20:24
King

Post Re: Beyond the Sword Subversion Repository
thanks! Downloading!! :D

18 Apr 2010, o 19:47
Prince

Hello!
Is the tech cost increased in this version?

19 Apr 2010, o 06:22
RI Team

Ignacio wrote:
Hello!

Yes, it is. Only the tech cost were reworked. We haven't yet changed anything about the civics, buildings, wonders, etc.

A feedback about the tech cost may be interesting.

19 Apr 2010, o 07:08
Prince

Hian the Frog wrote:
Ignacio wrote:
Hello!

Yes, it is. Only the tech cost were reworked. We haven't yet changed anything about the civics, buildings, wonders, etc.

A feedback about the tech cost may be interesting.

OK, I´ll try to finish my 2.4.1 game as soon as possible and begin playing BTS. (persians are about to enter on industrial era ownig 20 cities on 1180 AC, so may be they finish me :mrgreen: )

19 Apr 2010, o 07:44
Prince

Great :D . Downloading now.

As this is a very early version - with few, if any Warlords additions added. What do you want us to look out for (check)?

19 Apr 2010, o 20:39
RI Team

Harrier wrote:

As this is a very early version - with few, if any Warlords additions added. What do you want us to look out for (check)?

Mostly the stability of the whole thing. As usual, the typo error, missing entries, art bugs, etc.
In one word: hunting all the minor problems that were left aside in TR Warlords.

20 Apr 2010, o 06:14
King

Harrier wrote:

First let me say that I'm sure this version will be very cool. After opening the mod, I got the same doubt. Once you start you realize that all promotions are available, including specific offers from other eras or conditions, such as promoting "crowed." Looking for comments from SVN, it seems that this part of the XML has not yet been prepared. Another case is that some units when standing, are pink or turn into other units, would this be a bug on behalf of the textures that Walter took?

20 Apr 2010, o 06:21
RI Team

Hm... That stuff with textures shouldn't be happening. Could you document which unit cause that? I'll be fixing it then.

20 Apr 2010, o 09:56
Prince

Cruel wrote:
Harrier wrote:

First let me say that I'm sure this version will be very cool. After opening the mod, I got the same doubt. Once you start you realize that all promotions are available, including specific offers from other eras or conditions, such as promoting "crowed." Looking for comments from SVN, it seems that this part of the XML has not yet been prepared. Another case is that some units when standing, are pink or turn into other units, would this be a bug on behalf of the textures that Walter took?

Thanks for your reply - but you may have misunderstood me. I have not yet played the mod. When I made the post I had just started to download it, which will take several hours. So at the moment I have no doubts.

I was just enquiring if there was any specific things the TR team would like us to concentrate on in our trial runs. :D

21 Apr 2010, o 20:01
Prince

Hian the Frog wrote:
Harrier wrote:

Mostly the stability of the whole thing. As usual, the typo error, missing entries, art bugs, etc.
In one word: hunting all the minor problems that were left aside in TR Warlords.

Are you interested in the missing tool tips from Techs. There are quite a few in the Warlords version. They are easy to find, but time consuming to track down.

If you want I am happy to check all the Techs and let you know about those with missing tool tips.

21 Apr 2010, o 20:09
RI Team

Harrier wrote:
Hian the Frog wrote:
Harrier wrote:

Are you interested in the missing tool tips from Techs. There are quite a few in the Warlords version. They are easy to find, but time consuming to track down.

If you want I am happy to check all the Techs and let you know about those with missing tool tips.

Yes, that would be nice. :D

In that case, open a new topic "Tech: missing tool tips" where you can post and edit the results of your research.
Thx.

22 Apr 2010, o 05:42
Prince

My mistake. I meant missing Sids tips. The ones that display "TXT_KEY_TECH_etcetc".

22 Apr 2010, o 08:43
RI Team

Harrier wrote:
My mistake. I meant missing Sids tips. The ones that display "TXT_KEY_TECH_etcetc".

He he.... No problem. That's what i was waiting for.

22 Apr 2010, o 16:42
Prince

OK: working on Sids tips in my first BTS game.

As this version is so volatile: if I get a game crash or see weird (compared to Warlords) displays do you want to know about them.

For instance in my current game a scout unit was able to promote an aid promotion, including sea aids. I just thought the aid promotions are not yet implemented, so this is not a reportable bug.

Another instance was the first meeting of another Civ. The intro text with the new Civ. was absent. Again parts not yet included.

I do not want to waste your time reading useless posts about game mechanics, as a lot of the game is not yet implemented.

On game crashes, I have logging implemented, do you want those logs or should I just report the crash and await your request for the logs. I will copy them to another directory before reloading.

22 Apr 2010, o 19:51
RI Team

Harrier wrote:
As this version is so volatile: if I get a game crash or see weird (compared to Warlords) displays do you want to know about them.

If you experience any game crashes we'll want to know about them. Obvious graphics glitches and things of that sort too.

At this point nothing should be so broken as to cause a crash or a graphics glitch. If there are issues I'd like to resolve them before merging in more components.

Harrier wrote:
For instance in my current game a scout unit was able to promote an aid promotion, including sea aids. I just thought the aid promotions are not yet implemented, so this is not a reportable bug.

Correct, that was the result of missing components. I actually just merged those components in as of 2898, so this should no longer be the case after you next update.

Harrier wrote:
Another instance was the first meeting of another Civ. The intro text with the new Civ. was absent. Again parts not yet included.

It might be worth reporting this actually. That sounds like it might be something that was missed during the XML merge.

Harrier wrote:
I do not want to waste your time reading useless posts about game mechanics, as a lot of the game is not yet implemented.

Quite right. Game mechanics are flimsy right now.

Harrier wrote:
On game crashes, I have logging implemented, do you want those logs or should I just report the crash and await your request for the logs. I will copy them to another directory before reloading.

Just give a quick synopsis of what you were doing at the time of the crash. If it's during a turn change then see if you can get us a most recent autosave. I also recommend upping your autosave frequency (I think every other turn is the max).

Thank you very much for your help!

-Josh

22 Apr 2010, o 20:52
RI Team

Oh, and I recommend starting new threads in the bug report forum rather than reporting in this thread. Thanks!

-Josh

22 Apr 2010, o 20:53
Noble

so about the world map help just the EARTH MAP not 1000 bc ad whatever not earth 18 civs just earth resource placement and only concerned with TR resources like timber and natural gas... and am I trying to get it based on something or just do some history research

24 Jul 2010, o 04:36
Profile YIM
RI Team

For all of you that are playing off of the Subversion repository, there was an update to our SourceForge hosting a couple of weeks ago that changed the URL of the repository. To continue receiving updates, you will need to perform the following:

Relocation Instructions

1. Right-click on the Realism directory
  2. Navigate to the TortoiseSVN submenu
  3. Click on the "Relocate..." menu item
  4. Enter the new URL for the Subversion repository (listed below)
  5. Click "OK"

Updated URL of Repository
Code:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/civ4mods/code/realism/bts/trunk/mod

Thank you and happy beta testing!

-Josh

9 Jul 2013, o 02:22
Warlord

It should be noted for anyone coming to this thread for the first time use the SVN that the url in the post directly above is not what you should use.

Use the url in the first post.

5 Mar 2015, o 22:55
RI Team

Thanks, I updated the post!

7 Mar 2015, o 02:03
Noble

for some reason this doesnt work for me. I SVN a few other mods and theyre fine, but this one doesnt even start to download. After a few seconds of transferring at 0 bytes/sec I get a messege saying "failed, access denied"

what am I doing wrong?

And is the SVN worth it?

10 Dec 2015, o 18:51
RI Team

As of right now, you can probably wait for the next release. But it is strange that SVN is not working for you. Could you try again? Maybe it was a fluke on the server side.

17 Dec 2015, o 12:03
Trainee

Guys, how much do I have to download? I'm currently on 1.2 GB a still in progress..

28 Oct 2016, o 06:00
RI Team

More than 4 Gb.

29 Oct 2016, o 00:22
Trainee

so is this essentially the most up to date work?

is there any way to fast load this or do you have to always load CIV IV then load the mod

5 Aug 2017, o 15:26
RI Team

You can create a shortcut that reads "[your BtS path]\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "mod=\Realism"

Then it will launch the SVN version directly. That's what I do.

6 Aug 2017, o 10:30
Trainee

Hi, I don't quite know how to accomplish what you mean?

6 Aug 2017, o 13:53
Trainee

Ah, I seem to have done this now, this mod does take a while to load, it sits in the background apps for a while then loads. I didn't have this problem with 3.3 any ideas why

6 Aug 2017, o 13:57
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next